Monday, June 25, 2007

The Pacific rocks..literally!


I love the Pacific! It is way better than the Atlantic, because there are always waves, and it’s not as cold, at least on the El Salvador coast. The only downfall is all the salt…it is much saltier than the Atlantic, I could see all the salt particles floating in one big layer. For those at home wondering, this is me and my friend David (pronounced the Spanish way, long a, short i). He is a student at Baxter, but he is originally from the part of El Salvador where we were working. He got to come home for the weekend and go to the beach with us. We had the whole beach to ourselves…it was a private deal with the hotel we were staying at. We took two bus loads of people, and when I say two bus loads, I mean Central America bus loads, which means on the school bus, people sat three to a seat. All the people were from the churches we had been working with all week! There were a ton of people, and it was a BLAST!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I always heard that the Pacific was colder than the Atlantic!?!?!? David is really cute! You look so beachy in this photo!

Libby Isenhower said...

In the States I hear it is colder, but I'm closer to the equator!

Laura said...

Very true!

Ashley Fowlkes said...

I'm glad you've had some fun among all your work. Are you sick of photo-shooting yet, or is it still a thrill? We miss you!

Libby Isenhower said...

I actually haven't done much photography...my plan sorta changed once I got down here! It's turned out to be a really awesome and welcome change! I've been working in the clinic, translating and working with the nutrition program for kids! I get to spend my days with really amazing people from here! :) I love it...