Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jovenes en Camino


When our bus pulled down the drive of Jovenes, there was a collective, "YEAH!!" from all the boys! There are 85 or so living there now, and a lot of them rushed the bus, and even jumped on it to greet us before we had a chance to get off! This is me and Denis, my buddy from Jovenes! We've been friends since my first visit there in 2005! :) He's 13 now, and as sweet as ever! Last year we walked all around the grounds together, and he showed me this really cool leafy, plant thing that closes up when you touch it. I think the name had something to do with sleeping, but that doesn't really matter because it was so cool! I can't wait to go back and visit all the boys again this summer!

2 comments:

Ashley Fowlkes said...

How precious this image is. I'm so glad you've gotten to reconnect; that must have been an extra special treat for him as well.

Laura said...

Being the selfish sister, I am just glad to see a picture of you! Your adventures are awesome and I am so proud of you!
Lots of love!
I miss you!