Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh Knee!


Today has been an interesting day! I began my day like any other day. Wake up and six, breakfast with the students at seven...yada yada. About 7:45 I opened a disheartening e-mail from my mother. My cat, Sunnybaby, has diabetes, and I have to choose a treatment: put him on a diet that will help for a little while, put him on insulin for the rest of his life (which will only be a year or two now), or put him down. Needless to say, I can't put him down while I am in Honduras. So, I called the vet from Honduras. He has been in the office since Friday, and I had to make a decision today. I opted for the diet (because he is not suffering), and when I get home, I will probably put him on insulin, which means I have to give him a shot everyday for the rest of his life. My poor cat! :( But I'm glad he is not going to die soon! Se amo muchisimo!!

Anyway, that was the sad news, which I think will turn out okay. The most eventful happening was during my outing to the airport. Carlos and I went to pick up a mission group from Nashville, that will be working with the clinic. When I was carrying one of their bags to the dump truck (that's where we put all the luggage), I tripped over another bag that someone had put on the sidewalk. I landed on my knees really hard...and it was kind of embarrassing, but I really didn't care that much. Before we left the airport, I could tell that my knee was swelling pretty bad...but I didn't know how bad until Carlos and I got back in the truck and I pulled up my jeans. This picture is my knee a couple hours after my spill. The purple knot is not actually my knee, but the huge bruise growing on it!! AHH! It doesn't really hurt though...ibuprofen will be my best friend for the next few days!! I am glad I work in a medical clinic! Everybody there takes good care of me, from piercing my ears to wrapping my knee!

1 comment:

Ashley Fowlkes said...

Ouch!!! Sorry about that; your picture looks painful. And I'm sorry, too, about your kitty news. That stinks. Miss you lots!